The Project Aims
- Involve key employers in developing a range of educational resources that are transferable across curriculum areas.
- Embed these resources within the curriculum to enrich and inspire the learning experience of young people
- Raise self confidence and aspirations among young people
A Model of Good Practice
The project is being piloted at Forest Gate Community School to serve all schools in LB Newham. It is funded by the developers of Stratford City and is run by LB Newham and responds to the government’s education agenda and the introduction of 14–19 Diplomas in 2008. The initiative is based on collaboration between schools, the council and business as a model of good practice. The project is delivered using innovative and specifically devised learning resources that are relevant to the curriculum.
The Offer for Schools
- All resources are validated by teachers and tailored to curriculum delivery
- Resources will also assist the 14–19 Diplomas to emphasise work related learning
- Participation through a combination of facilitated work related learning activities within the classroom and external contextualised work related visits.
- INSET sessions and overview of resources are available through existing teacher networks, events and through www.nebp.org.uk
- Young people can pilot and test the resources and give evaluations.
Download the information leaflet (pdf format)