Short Films - Anticipating Stratford City
- Research and imagination combine through the use of film-production equipment to produce a series of short films providing an invaluable insight into a teenage target audience
- A real client and professional support make this an excellent opportunity into work-related learning whereby pupils develop vocational skills as well as interpersonal, communication and team-working skills.
- Suitable for KS4 Media Film Production Assignments
Stratford City is the largest mixed-use regeneration project in the UK to
many teenagers are not aware of the project or what to expect of their local
the next 5 years. As young adults of the future, this resource aims to allow young people to capture the views of teenagers providing vital audience feedback and
providing an informative function educating teenagers on what to expect from Stratford
Using high-quality film-cameras and digital video editing software and imaginations,
young people create short films which convey the changes occurring within Stratford
and the views of teenagers on those changes.
The project culminates in a film-screening and award ceremony whereby the films are judged by Westfield representatives and awards are issued.
The project provided the basis of the Film Production Unit for BTEC First Certificate/ Diploma but can be adaptable to GCSE and has several cross-curricular links.
Short films made by pupils at St Bonaventures School in 2006
- Housing film 2'26" watch
- Transport film 2'12" watch
- Regeneration film 2'36" watch
- Retail film 2'21" watch
- Leisure film 2'27" watch
- Video Diary of the making of the fils and the Awards ceremony 16'50"watch
File 1 (Acrobat PDF 2.2MBMB)
File 2 (Acrobat PDF 300k)